Sunday, November 12, 2006

Edible Flower


Here's a picture of a San Miguel flower, growing in the open field behind my house. The field back there is called the "Bull Pen," despite there being no bulls there to speak of. I believe it was the home of the original bulls in the community, many years ago. Anyway...Melody, my neighbor and daughter of Lucky and Wolf, showed me this flower when we were out hiking yesterday. It tastes kind of sour. She also showed me some wild rasberries that were quite yummy. Melody was also the person who taught me how to find wild guavas to eat right off of the tree. Clearly Melody is the person to know if you are hungry and out in the woods.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah right! Trying to distract us from the bugs, insects or lobsters' cousins with science and pretty pictures. Nice try. We fear the bugs nevertheless . . .

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home