Friday, June 16, 2006

Saying Goodbye



Today is my very last day at work. My last day at the only job I have ever known in my adult life! In honor of this occasion, I've posted two photos of my classroom, in this last moment when it is still mine. Lots of happy memories in this room. It's hard to describe how attached a teacher gets to her classroom; it becomes her sanctuary, her home away from home, her safe cradle in a sometimes choatic day. In that room, with her students, everything makes sense. It is the world of her and her students, a world complete with its own traditions, memories, and routines. It is terribly hard to say goodbye.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is one empty classroom...Never thought I'd see it that way!
I like being the only person who's responding to your posts. Heh heh. :)

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, I'm not the only person responding. Glad lots of people are reading this!

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the room were still filled with all of your stuff...that magical place your created as such...it would still be as empty as this pic does make clear...cause your body and spirit do not longer live here.

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home