Thursday, May 31, 2007

Rain and a hummingbird

And so the rain is thundering down above as I sit here in the school´s computer lab. I walked to school today in a serious downpour (which is still continuing at the moment) and am completly soaked with the exception of my quick-dry pants, which are completly dry. Ah, the miracle that is high-tech fabric!
I did have a rain coat on, but there is a level of rain that even the best slicker can´t compete with. When i got to work my shirt was so wet, I went ahead and bought another school t-shirt so I would have something dry to wear. This is my third school t-shirt...all in different colors, of course, but still. Somehow I keep ending up a school in wet clothes and needed a new shirt. Luckily it´s a nice shirt.
Just a few moments ago the entire collegio (high school) was in the upstairs hallway attempting to catch a tiny beautiful blue hummingbird that was flying around. It was smacking up against the skylights and flying back and forth in a distressed manner. They managed to catch the little guy using a contraption made of a butterfly net taped to an umbrella taped to a broom. I love creative problem solving! Cows in the backyard, birds in the hallway, scorpions in the closet...something tells me we´re not in Philadelphia anymore...
Speaking of animals, yesterday in yoga class I finally mastered the difficult balancing ¨crow¨ pose. I´ve been trying all year to get it and I finally did! It involves balancing your whole body on just the backs of your bent arms. Very hard to do. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home